Mental Health Therapist- Full Time, Reston Virginia
Sage House Counseling & Art Therapy is looking for a full-time associate to join our growing team. Join a thriving and dynamic private practice in Reston, Virginia! Enjoy making your own, flexible schedule, working with a diversity of clients and being part of an enthusiastic and knowledgable team of clinicians.
Sage House provides counseling, art, play, and sand tray therapies for adults, children, adolescents and families. We also specialize in serving perinatal clients. Sage House clinicians enjoy opportunities for continuing education and clinical supervision.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide talk therapy/ counseling to adults, children, adolescents and families.
- Must be available at least one evening per week and one weekend day, either Saturday or Sunday.
- Position is full- time, which is roughly 20 client hours per week.
- M.A. in the mental health field- Counseling, Social Work, Psychology, Art Therapy or related field.
- Must have active license in Virginia- qualifying licenses include LPC, LMFT and LCSW.
- Prior experience working with adults, children, adolescents and families.
- Strong understanding of trauma-informed therapy.
- Value a creative and holistic approach.
- Eager to grow professionally within the private practice setting and be an active member of our clinical team.
- Preference for clinicians with certification as Art Therapist (ATR or ATR-BC) and/or Play Therapist (RPT).
- Preference for clinicians with experience working with perinatal clients.
We care deeply about the needs of our community and strive to advocate for those needs through our services, resources, and partnerships.
We’re not perfect. And neither are you. And that’s okay. We celebrate what your version of wellbeing looks like instead of fitting you into a predetermined box.
Therapy doesn’t always have to be heavy and serious. It can be light and playful and funny, and we take pride in cultivating an atmosphere of joy amidst transformative healing.